Career Mentor Volunteer Description
Minimum of 1 year commitment with bi-weekly meetings with his or her mentee not to exceed 45 minutes sessions. One of two meetings must be in person. Including attend quarterly round table meeting.
Commitment to provide a supportive and empowering relationship with one adult learner involved in Career Pathways, employment preparedness and/or employment retention.
• Sincere desire to be involved with an adult learner to help him or her achieve personal and career goals
• Commitment and passion for adults with internal and external barriers to steady employment and struggling to overcome personal obstacles
• Sensitivity to adults of different educational, economic, cultural or racial backgrounds
• Ability to establish a relationship based on equal responsibility and respect
• Ability to communicate with adults openly and non-judgmentally
• Have practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives
• Poses strong listening skills
• Make a minimum 1 year commitment to developing and maintaining a mentor relationship with an adult learner in ConnCAT’s medical career program
• Attend mentor orientation and training session before meeting mentee
• Attend quarterly career mentor sessions
• Have bi-weekly contact with mentee to establish working relationship and to support mentee in employment and career goals
• Assist mentee in solving work-related issues, identify and remove barrier to employment and other problems that interfere with mentee’s achieving employment and/or higher education success
• Keep accurate records of mentee interaction and progress as requested by Career Pathways Manager.
• Adhere to the ConnCAT and Mentor Core values
• Assure mentee complete the Career Pathway Program
• Help make a difference in someone’s life!