Mentors are invaluable sounding boards and trusted voices in our lives. At ConnCAT career mentors provide critical and timely support and guidance to our adult learners as they transition from the classroom to the workplace. This ranges from helping adult learners navigate the employment opportunities available to them post-ConnCAT to coaching them on the larger arc of their career trajectory and personal and professional development. Our career mentors are leaders within the ConnCAT community, and partners to our staff in helping all adult learners achieve success through our program.
In order to maximize their effectiveness and develop a lasting relationship with adult learners, career mentors are asked to:
- Commit a minimum of one year
- Participate in two meetings per month with mentees (no more than 45 minutes/meeting, and in-person at least once a month)
- Attend a program orientation and volunteer training program at ConnCAT
- Complete quarterly round table evaluations with honesty and accuracy
Who is a ConnCAT Career Mentor?
- A committed community member who believes deeply in the power of individuals to achieve personal and professional transformation in their adult lives
- An open-minded, respectful, and helpful listener with a vast comfort level for individuals of diverse educational, economic, cultural or racial backgrounds
- A patient and tireless confidante who will empower another to reach their full potential
- A mid-career professional who has achieved personal success in his/her career (affiliation with the medical industry is helpful but not necessary)
We will be in touch regarding the dates for the mentor orientation, training sessions, an interview and background check (mandatory for all career mentors).
Forward your completed application to:
Odell Montgomery Cooper, Career Pathways Manager; email@example.com