MAKE AN IMPACT
Support ConnCAT in creating a learning environment that inspires hope, innovation, creativity, and excellence.
Contribute any amount right now to make a difference TODAY.
Location: 4 Science Park, New Haven, Connecticut
Hours: Part Time Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: CEO & President
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
The Connecticut Center for Arts and Technology (ConnCAT) is a nonprofit organization based in the Newhallville section of New Haven. Our mission is to inspire, motivate, and prepare youth and adults for educational and career advancement.
The job of Bookkeeper was established for the purpose/s of managing the daily operations of ConnCAT pertaining to accounts payable and receivable. This role is between 25-30 hours per week and requires previous experience working heavily with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
• Develop a well-organized system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
• Maintains all Account Accounts Payable functions
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
• Maintains accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions
• Maintains quality historical records by filing documents
• Balance accounts by reconciling entries
• Maintains and balance general ledger
• Maintains relationship with external accountants and tax preparers (including financial audit, 990)
• Prepares check and cash for bank deposit
• Assist with coordinating the annual audit process
• Manages giving platforms such as PayPal and DonorPerfect
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills
• 5+ years bookkeeping experience preferred
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to identify and research necessary information independently
• Excellent data entry skills
• Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Advanced accounting and bookkeeping software experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred